Location: Los Angeles, California
Reports to: Director of Operations
Under direction and in accordance with defined policies and procedures, the Close Protection Officer carries out personal protection service assignments to help ensure the safety of senior executives, their families and other VIPs, as well as provides supervisory and leadership guidance to a protection team. This is a full-time position.Duties
- Provide protection services as assigned
- Conduct security advances
- Lead small teams and protection operations
- Carry out personal protection assignments in accordance with defined policies and procedures. Duties of assignments may include providing leadership
to small protection operations, planning for protection operations, administration, security advances, physical security escorts, driver services,
medical assistance and other duties.
- Perform tasks associated with advance planning for visits by VIPs, including elements related to threat assessments, transportation planning and
medical or safety assurance.
- Identify threats to individuals and coordinate with leadership to take necessary countermeasures to help ensure the safety of principal personnel.
- Arrange the collection and dissemination of threat intelligence with the Global Security Operations Center.
- Assess the safety of areas prior to the arrival of a protectee(s) and in coordination with local security, law enforcement or others
- Submit timesheets and expense reports in a timely fashion
- Complete all assigned administrative duties as requested
- Preserve confidentiality of sensitive information
- Maintain necessary licenses as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Shows leadership initiatives
- Exhibits an ability to carry out instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with executive security staff, principal personnel and a diverse population
- Shows high ethical standards, honesty and a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Collaborates with contract security, event planners, vendors, law enforcement and others as may be necessary for the completion of assigned
- Demonstrates an ability to follow direction, complete tasks as assigned and provide sound judgment in the implementation of protection details
- Displays a clear understanding of the principles, duties and requirements of executive protection assignments
Suitable candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in private security, military or law enforcement. Additionally, the individual must have prior capabilities internationally on an executive protection team, hold a California guard card, possess a California security exposed firearms/concealed weapons permit and pass a drug test and background check. The applicant will also need to obtain licensing in New York, Florida and Illinois.General Requirements
Job may require standing, sitting and moving for extended periods of time. Exposure to extreme environmental conditions occurs occasionally. Individual may be required to travel. Ability to perform essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
AT-RISK International is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or disability.Please email your cover letter and resume to: