Location: Northern Virginia
Reports to: Director of Operations
Under direction and in accordance with defined policies and procedures, the Personal Protection Specialist carries out personal protective service assignments to help ensure the safety of senior executives, their families, and other VIPs. They will work under close direction until they satisfactorily complete their FTO training.Duties
- Provide protective services as assigned.
- Conduct security advances as necessary.
- Provide personal protection for the client.
- Patrol and conduct surveillance of activities.
- Submit activity reports to Command Post or Detail Leader as required.
- Maintain diligent observation efforts throughout assignment.
- Perform security advances as necessary.
- Oversee protective efforts of assigned protection specialists.
- Submit timesheets and expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Contact clients as necessary and directed.
- Complete all assigned administrative duties as requested.
- Attend all required initial and retraining programs as required.
- Maintain necessary licenses as required.
DCJS certification requiredSkill Set
- Carries out instructions and works with minimal supervision.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with executive security staff, principal personnel, and a diverse population.
- Exhibits high ethical standards and honesty and a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Collaborates with contract security, event planners, vendors, law enforcement, and others as may be necessary for the completion of assigned duties.
- Follows direction, complete tasks as assigned, and provide sound judgment in the carrying out of protective details.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the principles, duties, and requirements of executive protection assignments.
Suitable candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years of related experience in security services, military or law enforcement or suitable equivalent education.General Requirements
Job may require standing, sitting, and moving for extended periods of time. Exposure to extreme environmental conditions occurs occasionally. Individual may be required to travel. Ability to perform essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
AT-RISK International is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or disability.Please email your cover letter and resume to: