Higher education faces more security and safety challenges than ever: active shooters, unauthorized persons on campus or in restricted areas, and biosecurity/biosafety in labs and other research facilities.
Administrators and security personnel must constantly balance the desire for a free and open campus with the need to protect staff, students, families and visitors. Not only is safety at stake, but also the institution’s operations, reputation and funding.
AT-RISK is the only company in the Western Hemisphere with a multi-disciplinary team of luminary scientists and security experts that can design and implement holistic security and safety programs and procedures. This comprehensive approach mitigates threats campus-wide, from classrooms to labs, and everywhere administration, professors and students travel for business, education or leisure.
AT-RISK can also provide comprehensive biosecurity and biosafety strategies, using a multi-disciplinary team to help institutions avoid lab incidents and liability before something happens.
Protection. AT-RISK can protect professors, students, researchers, facilities, materials, intellectual property and operations, with services that include:
- Personal protection for professors and students during national/international travel for conferences, symposia and other public events, as well as protection for high-profile and visiting professors
- Global monitoring and analysis of potential threats, such as crime, terrorist attacks and persons of concern, 24/7 from a state-of-the-art Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
- Protection of off-campus educational trips by professors and students and outreach/fundraising trips by deans and professors in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia
- Liability and reputation protection by reducing or eliminating security risks on and off-campus with technology, enhanced security programs, and specially trained personnel.
Investigations. The instant a security breach or other threat occurs, AT-RISK can provide:
- Comprehensive investigations if sensitive material is missing or believed stolen, or an incident occurs that threatens students, professors or staff
- Immediate and ongoing support for legal counsel and institutional authorities related to campus incidents
- Protective intelligence programs that proactively monitor potential threats, such as terrorists and potential protests
Consulting. AT-RISK can assist universities with the following:
- Background investigation program design, management and execution, specifically tailored to meet the needs of higher-risk environments
- Comprehensive threat, vulnerability and risk analysis to help institutions manage campus security, on- and off-campus events, lab access, control/inventory of materials, and lab safety
- Biosecurity and biosafety programs that meet NIH-OBA, CDC, and other regulations and guidelines
- Design, management and ongoing monitoring of holistic security, biosecurity and biosafety programs
Training. AT-RISK offers specialized training for both security and non-security personnel, including the following:
- Customized training for security personnel based on the challenges and design of each campus, as well as on- and off-campus events and lab safety
- Training for faculty, students and other non-security personnel for active shooter situations and other campus emergencies
- Customized biosecurity and biosafety training, specific to your research programs