While police-community responses to threats or concerns of violence offers the best violence mitigation strategy, the lack of a central coordinating entity with formalized protocols, training, and integrated multidisciplinary advisement teams reduces the efficacy of intervention and violence mitigation strategies to address threats at the individual level.
The Community Situational Threat Advisory Handbook provides guidance for community leaders looking to implement a systems-wide integrated response to targeted violence threats and concerns where we live, work, study, shop, pray, and gather.
- The mission and structure of a community situational threat advisory committee
- Standard operating procedures
- Threat case presentation forms
- Areas of investigation, discussion, and information gap analysis
- Common violence mitigation strategies
- Reference material to assist with situational threat assessments
the Community Situational Threat Advisory Handbook.