This course exceeds the toughest standards in the nation for anyone who wants to become a personal protection or executive protection specialist. Graduating from this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to operate in a wide variety of protective environments, and teach you how to provide proactive security that helps to anticipate and avoid security issues. From threat assessment to incident management, security advances to evacuations, and everything in between, this program will prepare you for the challenges of personal protection.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Protective detail operations and strategies
- Advance work (domestic and international)
- Protective team formations and positioning
- Protective driving and motorcade formations
- Fundamentals in threat assessment and management
- Establishing a protection program
- Surveillance and counter surveillance tactics
- Dangerous device recognition and search techniques
- Kidnap, assassination and terrorist tactics
- Special event challenges and planning
- Defensive tactics
This course includes all classroom/lecture and practical exercise hours required by the Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) to obtain registration as a Personal Protection Specialist in the Commonwealth of Virginia.